Notes for all Audition Applicants
- Please complete the application form.
- When completing
the application form please remember
- Select an audition date
- Indicate if you are interested in dancing or singing a solo
- The form has to be signed by your parent as well as yourself.
- All members of the cast, including dancers are expected to sing, non- dancers must be able to carry out basic movement to music. All cast will be included in a basic dance routine. Please remember to wear suitable clothes and shoes for dancing at the audition.
- At the audition everyone will be asked to sing in a group. Those who wish to try for a solo can bring their own music. You will be taught a short dance routine and for dialogue we ask you to read a small piece from the dialogue that we will send you, dialogue in our shows are very limited.
- We do not audition for solo dancing, if you wish to be included in a tap or ballet item please remember to bring your shoes.
- Solo singers will be allocated their numbers by the Musical Director, Director and Producer.
- All cast members are classed as “The Cast”, whatever your abilities. All parts are shared evenly within the cast.
- At the audition we will take your photo and video you performing; this is for the production team to allocate parts.
- A non-refundable audition fee of £5.00 will be charged on arrival to your audition.
- If you have been introduced to YG by a friend (non-family member) please let us know.
- A subscription fee of £140 (£120 Subscription + £20 refundable costume deposit) this can be paid for in convenient monthly instalments, please contact us for more information.
- Auditions are held at St Marks Church Hall, Church Road, Purley 5th February and 12th February 2017 at either 2:00pm or 3:00pm, registration begin 30 minutes prior to each audition.
- Rehearsals are also at St Marks Church Hall, which we refer to as YGHQ.
- Within rehearsal times you are allowed THREE holiday dates, these cannot be 30th July or 6th August 2017 these are COMPULSORY dates and all cast MUST attend.
- This years show will be performed at Harlequin Theatre Redhill.
If you have any additional question please contact Diane Rexstrew-Berry (Secretary & Producer)
020 8679 9404